THE FUTURE DEPENDS ON YOU!!!!
DARWIN PRIDE FESTIVAL COMMUNITY CONSULTATION MEETING
WEDNESDAY THE 3RD OF DECEMBER 2014
AT THE NTAHC 46 WOOD ST DARWIN CITY
Come along to this community meeting to review the values and purpose of Darwin Pride. At the meeting of Darwin Pride on Wednesday 6 November 2014 it was decided to conduct a community consultation process to review the purpose of Pride to determine if it meets community needs and expectations. The current vision and purpose of Darwin Pride can be seen below.
A Community that celebrates equality and all the reasons it has to be proud.
To honour the history, to embrace the diversity and to celebrate the Community.
We recognise the diversity of our Community, the contributions of our members, volunteers and supporters, and commit to conducting our business in a professional, respectful and
1. To run an annual Darwin Pride Festival that:
• Brings people together;
• Is affordable and accessible;
• Showcases and celebrates Community talent; and
• Reflects the diversity of the Community.
2. To develop a healthy and vibrant Community that:
• Celebrates our achievements;
• Promotes understanding and acceptance;
• Advocates support; and
• Promotes physical, emotional and social well-being.
3. To create a sustainable festival that:
• Is representative of the Community;
• Maintains financial and administrative transparency;
• Promotes the presence of the Community; and
• Re-invests in and develops its Executive Committee, members, volunteers, artists and contributors (supporters, sponsors and/or partners).
If you agree / disagree or would like to see something more added to this document please attend the next meeting of Darwin Pride on Wednesday 3 December 2014 at NTAHC 46 Woods Street, Darwin. The meeting will also determine a governance structure for the new committee and any ideas you have on this will be appreciated.
Alternatively you can provide a written submission to